Friday, 11 October 2013

New toy, Fuji x100s


A couple days ago I was lucky enough to receive a Fujifilm x100s as a gift from my parents for completing my MSc degree. This is more than I would have ever expected to get for that but I am beyond grateful for it.

I normally shoot with a Canon rebel T2i. My favourite lens on it is a 50mm f/1.4, but I often use a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, for many of my conceptual images, as well as a Canon 7-200 f/4 for portraits and wildlife photos. I have been thinking of a wide fixed lens like a 35 mm for a while. This Fuji x100 has exactly that.

It is a pleasure to use with more features than I could ever imagine on a camera. Plus it looks cool too!





I have walked around the neighbourhood for a few hours the day after I got it and took hundreds of photos. I could not stop seeing things to take photos of. The film simulation is very neat, especially being able to see it live with the viewfinder.


 This camera may not be for everyone, but it is a perfect carry camera. I find dslrs too large and have been eyeing mirrorless cameras for a while. Glad I finally have one of my own.


What is your favourite camera/lens to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages